Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Isagenix 9-Day Cleanse: Pre-Cleanse Day 2

My second pre-cleanse day was pretty much the same as the first. I started with a shake for breakfast, a Natural Accelerator pill and lots of water. I had a little trouble getting the shakes down the first day because of the chalky taste, so Emily suggested adding cocoa powder to my shakes. (I have the french vanilla flavor.) I added half a teaspoon, and it made a big difference, or at least psychologically it did. I guzzled it down. Apparently the shakes taste much better after two cleanse days, so I'll try the shake in its pure form again on Saturday.

I had 10 almonds mid-morning for a snack, then went to Chili's for lunch. They have a great low-cal menu. I got the grilled chicken salad (grilled chicken, lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes and cheese... nom nom), which has 430 calories. It was quite delicious, and if you're planning on eating out on shake days or just too busy to pack a lunch, I suggest dining at Chili's. Since I opted for the lower end of the allowable calorie scale, I allowed myself one diet coke (even though its against the rules). Its my crack, what can I say?

430 calorie lunch

Before long, it was snack time and I had an apple. I seem to do better with my sweeter snack in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to my cleanse day tommorrow, because I get to try the IsaDelight. I am usually a fan of anything chocolate, and I'm sure I'll be thankful for ANYthing I can nibble on during the cleanse.

Dinner was another shake, this one was much better. Maybe I am getting used to them. I spent the rest of the evening shopping at Walt-Mart and cleaning house, so if I was hungry, I didn't notice. I also spent a good amount of time calculating how to build a 600 calorie burrito at Izzo's Illegal Burrito. Looks like that's not happening. Sad face.

Until day 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment